If you are tired of manually adjusting the thermostat in your home, then it is time to modernize it a bit. Finding the best smart thermostats for your home is important if you want to save yours with energy use. Nest and Ecobee are two of the most trusted names in the market when it comes to smart thermostats. There are so many to choose from, but these two have made a difference in this industry. So which one is better, Nest Thermostat vs Ecobee? Let’s go ahead and find out!
3rd Generation Nest Thermostat
The Nest Learning Thermostat played a big role in the revolutionizing of the thermostat industry. Simply because this is one of the first self-programmable and customizable devices in the market. The thermostat can easily learn your temperature preferences at home making it more convenient for you.
To top it all off, here are more reasons why you should pick the Nest thermostat:
- Easy installation.
- Once installed, the device automatically learns your temperature preference.
- Automatically adjusts the temperature according to the season.
- It comes with different mobile apps for easy thermostat control. It also shows your energy reports.
- Sets itself to help you save more money on energy.
- Able to control your HVAC systems.
Introducing, The Ecobee 4
Ecobee is another brand that you can trust when it comes to smart thermostats. Now that you know all about Nest thermostat, it is time to learn more about Ecobee, specifically the most trusted Ecobee 4. If you are looking for a smart thermostat, then here are the reasons why you should choose the Ecobee 4:
- It comes with built-in sensors to optimize the temperature.
- The sensor measures the number of people in the house and adjusts the temperature using this data.
- Works with Amazon Alexa.
- 5-inch touchscreen display to show temperature and manually adjust it.
- Use Alexa to control using voice over.
- Uses external data and advanced sensing to help you save on cooling and heating uses.
- A multipurpose device that can perform different functions.
- Compatible with different ventilation systems.
- Able to work with other smart home devices.
Nest vs Ecobee – The Differences
Now that you know what each of these smart thermostats can offer you, then you should also know what makes them different from the other. Remember that even though they can perform similar tasks, they are designed differently, check this out. So here are the main differences between Nest and Ecobee:
- Major Features. Between these two, the Nest smart thermostat is the most flexible. It is compatible with almost every HVAC system. It has sensors and modes that make it more versatile than the other option. Ecobee 4, on the other hand, has built-in voice recognition for easier control.
- Installation Process. The easiest to install between these two is the Nest smart thermostat. This is because of its compatibility check tool available on the website. When you set up the Nest, it involves the unit itself. However, some find Ecobee to be easier to install because of the touchscreen display.
Nest vs Ecobee – Which is Better For Your Home?
Choosing between Nest and Ecobee will come down to personal preference. Before you decide, make sure that you have taken into consideration their features, advantages, and disadvantages of each device. Choose the one that is perfect for your home and your activities within your household.