Dental crowns are caps attached to the tops of teeth that are damaged. Crowns are to maintain, cover, and restore the shape of teeth when fillings fail to solve the problem. Dental crowns made of metals, porcelain, resin, or ceramics. dental crown singapore do not require any additional maintenance over time, except for excellent dental hygiene.
What are dental crowns?
The teeth might get damaged over time. This can occur for several causes, including dental decay, traumas, or even normal wear and tear. The teeth’ shape as well as the size can deteriorate. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped “caps” that fit over natural tooth. Consider it a warm cap for the teeth. The crown enhances the tooth’s structure, size, resilience, and appearance. The dental crown is a cap that covers the visible section of the tooth and is cemented into place.
Types of dental crowns available
- Stainless steel
- The all-ceramic or all-porcelain
- Temporary versus permanent.
The pros and cons of getting dental crowns
- Improve oral hygiene.
- Restore teeth that have been severely damaged or decayed.
- After a root canal or the insertion of a dental implant.
- Before installation, the tooth structure is permanently removed.
- Crowns that are not fitted can loosen and drop out.
- There’s a chance of breaking anything or get hurt
- After implantation, there’s a higher chance of dental sensitivity.
When is it needed to get dental crowns?
Dental crowns utilized to restore:
- Weak teeth: Protect teeth that have become fragile due to extensive deterioration.
- Cracked teeth: Crowns hold fractured teeth together and restore their original shape, function, and appearance.
- Worn down teeth: Repair teeth that have been damaged or significantly worn down due to bruxism or dental erosion.
- Large fillings: Crowns defend as well as help teeth with extensive fillings and little tooth structure remaining.
- Tooth discoloration: Tooth-colored crowns utilized to mask severe discoloration. Veneers and dental whitening seem to be two other options.
Dental crown singapore generally last five to fifteen years. The amount of wear and tear a crown is exposed to, as well as how well oral hygiene practices are well followed as well as the mouth-related behaviors, determine the crown’s lifespan. There may also value an outward appearance that does not detract from ones smile. A dentist can explain the numerous possibilities as well as assist in determining which one best suits.